MUNG

mashuntilnogoodmashuntilnogoodmashuntilnogoodmashuntilnogoodmashuntilnogoodmashuntilnogoodmashuntilnogood

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

More Ruby on Rails.

I've been working on this stuff both at work and at home (last night til 3am). After I left work last night Craig (my boss) got it working with Apache2 and FastCGI, earlier in the evening we got it running on Lighttpd with FastCGI. Upon arrival at home I started work on my box to see if I could get it up and running, and did!

It is really simple and not very usefull yet, check it out:

Ruby on Rails on Apache2 Running FastCGI

(If it doesn't work it is probably because I'm working on something. Sorry.)

Here's what I did:

Installed ruby, rails, fastcgi (mod_apache), fastcgi ruby libraries, apache2 with apt-get
Loaded modules for fastcgi and rewrite
Changed the configs (below)
*It's a good plan to get it running with normal cgi first, then switch to fcgi.

Here is what my configs looked like:

Virtual Host File
Ruby .htaccess File

My 'dispatch.fcgi' had these active lines:

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + "/../config/environment"
require 'fcgi_handler'

RailsFCGIHandler.process!

I think that is about it. It seems easy now, but it was pretty frustrating last night, it felt the stars have to be aligned for it work. Anyway, once you create an app you it *should* work and you should be on your way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home